Arizona Heart Institute - To Care. To Teach. To Pioneer.
“To care, to teach, to pioneer” – the motto of the Arizona Heart Institute illustrates the commitment of our highly-trained specialists to paving the way to excellence in cardiovascular care.
As one of the first freestanding outpatient clinics dedicated exclusively to cardiovascular health, Arizona Heart Institute has become a world-renown destination and regularly collaborates with top clinicians worldwide to advance cardiovascular health.
The Arizona Heart Institute was founded in 1971 by cardiovascular surgeon Dr. Edward B. Diethrich, M.D. and over these many decades, the Institute has earned a reputation for excellence by integrating clinical expertise with research and innovation to treat—and even to reverse—cardiovascular disease.
With a multidisciplinary team assembled to help you with your cardiovascular care, you can be sure that the Arizona Heart Institute is capable of meeting your individual needs. In one convenient location, we can offer you:
- Complete surgical, medical, therapy, dietary and medicinal options
- Easy access to appointments within 24 hours when possible
- Convenient same-day testing when possible
- Care from some of the world’s best cardiovascular specialists.
As a cornerstone of the Arizona Heart Institute, education is one of our top priorities. Education has been a cornerstone of the Arizona Heart Institute since our inception. We operate several high-profile continuing education programs, including prestigious vascular and endovascular fellowships for aspiring surgeons. Our physicians travel around the world to share their clinical expertise, and others serve as scientific program directors for the International Congress of Endovascular Specialists, which hosts a landmark annual gathering of clinicians seeking leading-edge information on endovascular technologies and techniques.
Here are a few ways that we actively educate in the cardiovascular arena:
- Present several high-profile continuing education programs for physicians
- Offer prestigious fellowships for aspiring surgeons
- Travel worldwide to share clinical expertise
- Serve as scientific program directors for the International Congress of Endovascular Specialists
- Host community lectures and symposiums
- Host community screenings
With proven groundbreaking achievements, the Arizona Heart Institute is credited internationally for numerous advancements in cardiovascular medicine including:
- New diagnostic technologies
- Minimally invasive medical devices
- Revolutionary biological therapies
- Groundbreaking surgical techniques
- First hybrid operating suite
- First outpatient cardiac catheterization laboratory
- First minimally invasive myoblast cell transplantation for congestive heart failure
- Continued research in cardiac tissue regeneration
- Surgical solutions for aortic aneurysms resulting in faster recovery
- Coronary stenting
- Carotid artery stenting
- Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass surgery